Our client is seeking a Java Backend Developer who will contribute to the delivery of their systems. You will work closely with development teams and product managers to design and develop software systems. Within this role your main responsibilities will include:
- Working with development teams and product managers to create and enhance software systems in line with business strategy and priorities.
- Building, testing and deploying software in line with the company’s standards, best practices and versioning tools.
- Following agile principles and methodologies embraced by software development teams.
- Performing the necessary research on technologies and patterns to ensure the quality of products.
- Taking part in architectural design discussions.
- Writing technical and user documentation when necessary.
- Maintaining code integrity, quality and responsiveness of software tools.
Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar position
- Degree in IT, Software Development or the equivalent
- Possess strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work under pressure and meet multiple deadlines.
- Exposure to Agile Methodologies Kanban or Scrum), Jira and Confluence.
- Proficiency in Java and Java enterprise technologies such as Spring Boot, Spring Framework, Spring Security, JMS, Hibernate, ORM, Tomcat.
- Cognisant of REST and messaging services like Rabbit MQ.
- An understanding of build automation tools (such as Maven), Git, CI, and bug tracking.
- Extensive experience with databases (ideally PostgreSQL).
- Proficiency in Linux.