Our client, a disruptor in the payments sector, and is currently recruiting for a Data Operations Engineer to join their growing team! Working closely with the Data Ops Administrator, you will be responsible for managing, maintaining, upgrading the MySQL and MS SQL servers and the Mongo Clusters. Additionally you will be responsible for:
- Monitoring the database environments and processes
- Providing the necessary second line support to internal and external users as necessary
- Administering highly-available database server clusters as well as standard BI tools, ensuring optimal performance, capacity management, reliability, secure access, smooth release management replication, backups and recovery plans
- Assisting in driving the evolution of the existing BI infrastructure to the next level, using BI cutting-edge technology
- Being a main point of contact for stakeholders related to database schemas, queries, BI tools and performance optimization;
- Writing database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the operational data dictionary.
- A B.Sc. in IT or equivalent qualification;
- Knowledge of MySql, Microsoft SQL Servers and BI Suite (ETL and Data Analysis tools);
- Knowledge of Percona tools and Mongo will be considered and asset;
- Expertise in optimizing Schemas, SQL tuning and ETL pipelines together with excellent troubleshooting skills;
- Good Writing and communication skills, a can-do attitude and willingness to learn;
- Knowledge of UNIX, Application servers, scripting languages such as Bash and Python and Infrastructure automation tools like Puppet and Ansible are all additional assets for the post;
- Experience in the financial industry will be considered as an asset.
- The ideal candidate has Database Administration experience and preferably fluent in Unix and scripting languages such as Bash and Python.
- Meticulous and attentive to detail;
- Conscientious and problem solving
- Able to prioritise work accordingly
- Ability to work well within a team and alone
- Works well under pressure and with tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills both written and spoken