Our client is currently recruiting a Senior BI Developer to join their team building reports, dashboards, and analytical solutions for stakeholders across the company. Within this position the ideal candidate will be responsible for:
- Aggregating large data sets from various sources into a data warehouse
- Writing relational and multidimensional queries, whilst creating and deploying reports.
- Creating high-quality datasets for business analysts’ consumption.
- Authoring reports for operational use.
- Extending the data warehouse model with additional dimensions and facts.
- Integrating new data sources.
- Working closely with the BI Operations team to solve any issues effectively
- Recomennding improvements, participate in daily stand-ups and assist in task planning.
- Degree in Computer Science or a relevant field
- Minimum 5 years experience in a similar role
- Excellent SQL knowledge and ETL and ELT knowledge (such as Microsoft SSIS, Microsoft Polybase, Google Cloud Dataflow).
- Very good understanding of data models and associated best practices.
- Experience with Microsoft SSRS, SSAS, PowerBI, Excel.
- Preferably experience with cloud columnar databases (such as Google BigQuery).
- Basic Microsoft SQL server administration knowledge.
- Experience with data quality techniques and best practices for the verification and accuracy of data.
- Use of Project tracking software (such as JIRA).
- Excellent Microsoft SQL Server Reporting, Analysis and Integration Services experience.
- Knowledge of at least 1 data visualisation tool.
- Meticulous and attentive to detail
- Conscientious and problem solving approach
- Ability to work well in a team
- Excellent communication skills with a good command of both written and spoken English
- Ability to prioritise time accordingly
- Ability to work well under pressure and with tight deadlines