Our client a major player in the payments industry, is recruiting a Technical Architect to join their diverse team. Being responsible for the short and long-term engineering strategies, the ideal candidate will also be responsible for:
- Setting the direction of the software engineering department
- Working closely with the technical management team and driving the execution of the engineering strategy in line with the company goals.
- Being a point of contact for the analysis and design of modules, projects, and features.
- Evaluating and providing feedback on emerging technologies to determine potential benefits and business value.
- Innovating and pioneering design, software development, process, workflow, metrics, planning and architecture.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in Software Engineering
- Extensive knowledge of Java based server-side/backend technologies (Spring, Hibernate, JOOQ), are comfortable with frontend technologies (Angular).
- Experience in Junit, Mockito and Continuous Delivery Pipelines; relational (MySQL) and NoSQL (Mongo) databases; implementing, consuming and documenting APIs (RAML and OpenAPI); and microservices technologies (Kafka, Zookeeper, Docker and Kubernetes).
- Meticulous and attentive to detail
- Conscientious and problem solving
- Ability to prioritise work accordingly
- Assertive approach
- Excellent communication skills and command of the English langauge
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines