Our client is currently looking for a Finance Manager to manager the finance function of a local group of companies operating in varied industries, including construction, real estate and tourism.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reporting directly to the CFO, the Finance Manager shall manage the finance team, including monitoring performance and ensuring high levels of quality and efficiencies
- Participating in strategic financial management and in the presentation of financial reports to board members, stakeholders and executives
- Preparing KPI reports, cash flow analysis, budget analysis and other ad-hoc financial reports
- Re-assessing and improving structure, systems and processes
- Compiling consolidated accounts
- Reviewing and finalizing management accounts and VAT returns
- Assisting team members and reviewing their work where appropriate
- Liaising with banks, authorities and auditors as applicable
Education & Experience:
- ACCA qualified or equivalent
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience, with some experience in a managerial role. Preference shall be given to candidates with exposure to the construction industry.
- Excellent command of accounting standards, Maltese VAT and income tax legislation
- Strong leadership skills with a dedication to driving and achieving results
- Able to adhere to deadlines, and deliver in a timely manner
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and in a team.