Our client, a reputable financial institution, is looking to further expand it's growing legal team with a Legal Counsel. The successful candidate shall be required to:
- assist with the development and overseeing all processes from a legal point of view;
- structure, draft and negotiate commercial agreements and transactions;
- resolve commercial issues that arise and handle disputes and inquiries;
- draft legal letters and related documentation as and when required;
- in liaison with the Head of Legal Department act and undertake discussions and negotiations with external regulators and other third parties;
- provide legal advice internally to all departments on varied matters;
- other legal duties which may arise on a day-to-day basis.
Education & Experience:
- hold a a University degree in law together with a warrant to practice in Malta;
- have a minimum of 3 years’ experience preferably within the banking or financial services sector (previous experience with regulatory or international institution will be considered to be an asset);
- have sound knowledge of banking/corporate/financial services laws and regulations.
- have ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
- a positive attitude with a hands-on approach to work;
- meticulous disposition with an eye for detail;
- excellent command of the English language, both written and verbal.