Our client is currently recruiting a Data Operations Team Lead to lead a team of operations and support Data Engineers. The ideal candidate will also be responsible for the day to day and secure operations of the company's data analytics platforms including data lakes, ETLs and ELTs, data warehouses, curated datasets, visualization tools, reporting portals and data pipelines. Additionally, you will also be responsible for:
- Deploying new features to production, executing and improving data tests and automating operational tasks.
- Ensuring proper coverage of the operations by carrying out proactive maintenance and constant monitoring
- Conducting a daily standup and provide daily operational updates
- Identifying and resolving issues on time, performing root cause analysis, escalating and following-up as necessary
- Continuously improving data observability (including data checks and alerting automation, introducing additional data quality rules)
- Ensuring that data governance and data security policies are adhered to and system enforced
- Managing version control and development environment, plan and conduct production deployments
- Degree in Data, Information Technology, Computer Science or a related field.
- A minimum of 1 years of experience in a similar position
- Good experience in a similar Data Operations/Data Engineering role managing large data volumes and heterogenous data sources
- Good knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server, SSRS, SSAS, PowerBI and Excel
- Strong team Player
- Detailed oriented and attention to detail
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Very good written and spoken English