Our client is currently seeking an IT Security Analyst to join their IT Department. The successful candidate shall be responsible for:
- Analysing work related to information systems security (hardware and software);
- Planning and performing routine monitoring of systems with an aim to continually improve systems security;
- perform daily Core Business Systems operations, provide general IT support within established times for all desktop systems (hardware & software) and support other IT teams in their on-going analysis of helpdesk requests with an aim at introducing efficiencies and fine-tuning processes;
- perform daily infrastructure operations by maintaining hardware, operating and business software systems in good operational order;
- support operations in Data Centres in line with maintenance and security requirements and support the administration of the company's network & systems
- provide on-site support to remote sites and perform the necessary backups and restore operations and other disaster recovery operations;
- perform routine checks on the various bank systems (networks, hardware and software) and maintaining appropriate records of such checks;
- share technical knowledge and ways of resolution with other team members;
- support and develop data requests;
- educate business end users on how to make effective use of their technological tools (hardware & software) to speed up problem resolution, whilst keeping abreast with new technology; and
- establish good working relationships with the rest of the IT team particularly database and\or software developers.
Education & Experience:
- An MCAST or University Degree in a related ICT area of specialization;
- At least 1 to 2 years of working experience in an IT support role;
- be familiar with Relational Database Management Systems, ideally with a later version of Microsoft SQL Server or ORACLE, including some basic database administration;
- be familiar with database reporting, ideally with Microsoft Server Reporting Services;
- have a good command of the SQL scripting language;
- have a flair for database and/or software development using TSQL/PL-SQL.
- possess the ability to think logically and adopt a structured approach to problem-solving;
- have the ability to communicate effectively and clearly, excellent listening skills and ability to interact confidently with internal stakeholders;
- have the ability to work well in a team and have an eye for detail.