Our client is currently seeking to recruit a Laboratory Technician in production & process technologies, reporting to the Process Technology Specialist. The successful candidate shall be responsible for:
- Trial execution in pilot plant
- Plan and perform application work in lab/pilot plant on development projects, including the reporting and documentation of results.
- Maintaining the pilot plant in good order, responsible for cleaning/sanitation and preventive maintenance of the equipment.
- Responsible for the warehousing of ingredients and supplies for the pilot plant
- Support the implementation of GMP (HACCP, Hygiene, Allergen Control, etc.) and Health & Safety rules for the pilot plant.
- Create Standard operation and cleaning procedures
- Support factory trials.
Education & Experience:
- Diploma (MQF 5) in Food Science/Food technology or related field;
- At least 1 year of experience in R&D or/and operating/factory experience in the food industry
- Process technology (basic) – set-up & operation of production equipment;
- Physical / chemical Analysis;
- GMP basic skills;
- Cleaning and Sanitation basic skills;
- Basic ERP system knowledge is preferred;
- Basic knowledge of data analysis;
- Basic report writing;
- Analytical Thinking & Problem Solving
- Attention to Detail
- Quality Orientation
- Rule Orientation
- Ability to communicate effectively.