Our client, a major player in the payments industry is recruiting a SysOps Engineer (Networking) to join their growing team. In this role, the ideal candidate will be responsible for supporting and expanding the highly available infrastructure, hosting production, staging and software development environments in multiple datacentres. Additionally you will also be responsible for:
- Procuring and managing networking equipment in various data centres, used to host production, test and development environments. Equipment and services include routers, firewalls, switches, VPNs, IPSs, DDOS Services, and other networking, hardware, DevOps tools (such as Kubernetes, Docker, Prometheus, Ansible and Puppet) and security services.
- Securing and hardening the infrastructure, making sure environments are compliant with PCI-DSS and other applicable regulations, including routine penetration testing.
- Supporting and addressing problems and incidents related to networking and the rest of the infrastructure.
- Forming part of the second-line on-call team, occasionally assisting front-line support with Infrastructure issues.
- Making use of and maintaining administration tools for system monitoring, configuration management, automation, logging, authentication/authorization, and other administration activities.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in managing production network environments.
- A degree in engineering, ICT or similar qualification is an asset.
- Industry certifications such as CCNA, CCNP, ITIL
- Sound knowledge on PCI-DSS and security principles will be considered an asset.
- Strong working knowledge of Routers, Firewalls, Switches and other networking equipment, with a focus on Cisco.
- Experience with Juniper and Checkpoint is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of Infrastructure administration automation and monitoring tools, such as FreeIPA, Puppet, Zabbix, Kubernetes in a Linux environment is an asset.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as a part of a team,
- Good communication and planning skills to interact with various stakeholders.
- Meticulous and attentive to detail
- Conscientious and problem solving
- Excellent command of the English language