Our client a disruptor in the payments industry is currently recruiting a Head of Software Development to join their growing development team. Working closely with the CTO, you will be responsible for all development activities on the company's platform. Working closely with the developers and QA engineers you will be responsible for supporting them in all their needs to help develop and operate the product further. You will also be responsible for:
- Driving technical approaches and decisions, best engineering practices and providing relentless improvement to deliver better and faster.
- Providing oversight and delegatine to the development leads as necessary
- Leading the translation of business goals into technical strategies, and ensuring alignment between company, product and technology objectives
- Liasing and cooperating with team members, product managers and stakeholders as necessary in designing, writing and releasing software, as well as supporting and maintaining said software
- Continously improving software development processes and key technology metrics for the teams
- Own people management responsibilities for the developers and QA engineers – including recruitment, regular one-on-one’s with individual team leads and team members, providing continuous performance feedback, and enabling team and individual growth from onboarding to ongoing learning and development.
- Sourcing and managing outsourcing relationships including selection, setting up, coordination and building relationships to support the development needs of the company and to complement internal resources.
- ICT-related degree, or skills and experience to match.
- 8+ years of experience in a software development and technology environment – minimum 5 years in hands-on software development roles; minimum 3 years of people management experience.
- 3+ years practicing Agile
- Thorough understanding of software engineering principles, the software development lifecycle, and modern software development methods.
- Knowledge of and experience implementing XP development practices such as unit testing, continuous integration, pair programming, and code refactoring.
- Fluent written and verbal English communication skills.
- Excellent communication skills to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences including senior management and other stakeholders;
- Meticulous and attentive to detail
- Ability to manage time accordingly and prioritise work to delegate
- Highly assertive