Our client, a disruptor in the transportation industry both locally and internationally, is recruiting Data Analysts to their growing team. Being responsible for preparing and transforming data originating from various systems into a structured format that can be easily analysed the ideal candidate will also be responsible for designing, building, integrating data from various sources into multiple data structures used for BI and troubleshooting purposes. Additionally, the ideal candidate will also be responsible for:
- Designing and implementing queries on the central Data Warehouse to provide information for business decisions.
- Analysing query results and reporting them in a clear, concise and effective way.
- Maintaining existing reports and dashboards by gathering feedback from business stakeholders
- Identifying and rectifying code problems.
- Identifying patterns and trends in the data.
- Defining new data collection and analysis processes.
- Building and/or implementing analytics tools that utilize data to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition and retention, operational efficiency, return on investment and other key performance metrics.
- Identifying data sets that are relevant to the business.
- A qualification in data analytics or a relevant field
- At least two years of experience in a similar role .
- Technical expertise in data modelling, database development, data mining and segmentation.
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server including advanced knowledge of SQL and query optimisation.
- Experience using reporting tools such as Power BI, Qlik or Tableau.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure would be considered an asset.
- Experience using Python and/or R.
- Knowledge of statistics packages for analysing datasets would be desirable.
- Good command of the English language
- Strong analytical skills
- Meticulous and attentive to detail
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well in a team and alone
- Excellent communication skills