Our client is a regulated investment management company, specialising in real estate and private equity together with other asset classes. Having offices in a number of countries worldwide, they are currently looking for a Junior Portfolio Manager to join their Malta team. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with theoretical knowledge to get their first experience in this industry. The selected candidate shall be responsible for:
- Supporting the portfolio managers in relation to the regulatory framework for new investment products (funds; joint ventures; co-investments) by providing legal, financial and tax analysis;
- Assist in the preparation of documentation both for internal requirements as well as for external reporting;
- Prepare & provide all information necessary to external legal advisors, service providers and investors;
- Develop strong working relationships within all teams and all other external service providers.
Education & Experience:
- University Degree in either Business, Economics, Statistics or similar;
- Some practical knowledge of investment funds legal structures would be considered an asset;
- Theoretical knowledge of the applicable Maltese and European regulations;
- Previous experience with an asset/investment manager shall be considered an asset.
- Customer centric approach;
- Analytical and numerical assessment skills are required for this role;
- You shall have a meticulous nature with a hands on approach to work;
- Particular interest to learn & grow within the company;
- Excellent written & verbal use of the English language.