Our client, a disruptor in the Payments sector is recruiting a Data Engineer to their growing team. Being part of the Business Intelligence team the ideal candidate will be tasked with designing, developing and maintaining the payments data warehouse and business intelligence solutions. Additionally, the ideal candidate will be responsible for:
- Acquiring and maintaining an in-depth understanding of the business logic, its development infrastructure and project delivery process.
- Designing and implementing phases of product and technical initiatives, making effective data engineering decisions.
- Implementing quality code and being a champion of best industry practices, whilst keeping up to date with technological trends.
- Actively participating in guilds and communities of practice teams and initiatives, shaping the technology roadmap
- Supporting the running of data solutions in a critical environment.
- Minimum of 2 years working in a data or BI environment
- Bachelors Degree in IT or a relevant field
- Knowledge of cutting-edge technologies and data engineering practices and processes
- Good knowledge of data warehouse design and concepts
- Good knowledge of an object-oriented language such as Python, Java or Scala
- Expert in SQL
- Experience with Database Management Systems such as Microsoft SQL Server and MySQL.
- Proficient in using a data integration tool such as Talend, Pentaho or SSIS.
- Experience using a data visualisation tool such as PowerBI, Tableau or QlikView.
- Experience of an analytics engine such as Apache Spark and able to write applications using libraries such as DataFrames and Spark Streaming is desirable.
- Knowledge of statistical computing language such as R+ will be considered an asset.
- Meticulous and attentive to detail
- Excellent command of the English language both written and spoken
- Conscientious and problem-solving approach
- Ability to work well in a team
- Able to meet deadlines and prioritise time accordingly.