Our client, a staple within the gaming industry, is recruiting a Java Backend Developer to join their growing Tech team. Working closely with the Lead Developer the ideal candidate will be responsible for maintaining and developing the gaming platform. Additionally, the responsibilities will also include:
- Writing well designed, high quality, maintainable code together with any necessary documentation.
- Assuring the highest attainable level of system control and performance capabilities.
- Writing unit and system tests to ensure high software quality.
- Taking ownership and responsibility of own work starting from the design process up to delivery.
- Following good software engineering practices
- Communicating ideas and solutions with both technical and non-technical colleagues.
- A minimum of 3 years working experience using Java, Spring Framework and Spring Boot.
- Experience with distributed and messaging systems such as microservices and Kafka.
- Strong knowledge of SQL with exposure to Postgres and SQL Server.
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases is a plus.
- Experience in DevOps is an asset: Docker, Kubernetes and Continuous Integration.
- Good knowledge of frontend technologies such as React is nice to have.
- Ability to work in a Linux environment, with basic bash skills.
- Excellent command of the English Language
- Ability to solve problems in a critical and efficient manner
- Conscientious and attentive to detail
- Ability to prioritise time and meet deadlines
- Ability to work well within a team
- Excellent communication skills