Our client is recruiting a Junior Legal Counsel to work closely with the Head of Legal in representing the company in all legal matters which include litigation, negotiations, and other matters as required. Additionally, you will also be responsible for:
- Supporting the various departmental heads in providing legal advice to the Chairperson, Board of Governors, Chief Executive Officer and the company in general;
- Drafting or reviewing legal documents and conducting negotiations on behalf of the company;
- Taking a proactive role in ensuring that the company meets its obligations in terms of all applicable legislation and corporate governance requirements;
- Demonstrating a good understanding of Maltese and European legislation and provide the departmental heads with the required support regarding the interpretation of the assigned legal documents;
- Conducting and planning legal research on multi-disciplined aspects of law;
- Providing miscellaneous legal advice on various contractual and governmental obligations as directed or requested by senior management or other members of management;
- Representing the company in any court cases as required and assisting the police force in criminal cases which are gaming related;
- Tendering advice with respect to the company's processes in the light of better regulation policies;
- Representing the company in international fora including conferences, exposition centers as well as EU gaming-related meetings;
- Keeping abreast with all international and local developments conducive to the company's regulatory functions;
- Carrying out such other duties and functions as may be assigned by the Heads or by the MGA.
Experience & Skills:
- In possession of a law degree. A valid warrant to practice as an Advocate in the Courts of Malta and Gozo shall be considered an asset;
- Having previously worked or trained in other legal or related roles;
- Knowledge of the laws and regulations governing Gaming in Malta shall be considered an asset;
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Thinks and acts strategically;
- Takes ownership of work;
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines.