Our client, an established law firm on the island, is recruiting a Banking & Finance Lawyer to join their legal team. Working closely with other Senior lawyers within the team, the ideal candidate will be responsible for:
- Coordinating with the rest of the team's primary focus on regulatory and compliance matters;
- Assisting applicants for licenses under the Banking Act and the Financial Institutions Act;
- Assisting with regulatory queries in relation to the Banking Act and the Financial Institutions Act;
- Assisting lenders or borrowers in domestic and international syndicated finance transactions;
- Company secretarial work for licensed credit/financial institutions;
- Forming part of M&A due diligence teams with a particular focus on regulatory matters;
- Conducting legal due diligence; and
- Undertaking other banking-related or corporate law briefs.
Experience & Skills:
- Law degree and warrant to practice as an advocate in Malta;
- Minimum of 2 years of working experience;
- Good written and verbal communication skills in Maltese and English;
- The ability to work against tight deadlines; and
- Experience in banking law.