Our client, an international chain of hotels, is recruiting a Head of Events, to join their new venture in Malta. In this role, the ideal candidates will be responsible for employing a systematic sales approach to maximize revenue growth from global feeder markets in the MICE (Meetings, Incentives, Conferences, and Exhibitions) segment, by establishing relationships with key partners in the MICE market, both directly and through agencies. Additionally, the responsibilities will also include:
- Generating new business, managing existing accounts,and implementing sales initiatives and strategies
- Conducting market research and analysis to support targeted sales efforts
- Staying updated on current, projected, and budgeted volumes, revenues, and occupancy rates for available space and room inventory.
- Possessing comprehensive knowledge of the assigned accounts, including their potential, our market share within their total potential, RFP-related information, and the decision-making process for RFPs (if applicable).
- Identifying sales opportunities and successfully close high-value deals.
- Monitoring competitors' activities in the market and responding effectively to stay competitive.
- Cultivating and strengthening positive relationships with customers and partners.
- Promoting seasonal packages and relevant promotions to appropriate contacts.
- Coordinating and participating in familiarization visits and entertaining clients as necessary.
- Conducting on-site inspections for current or prospective clients.
Experience & Skills
- Bachelors's/ Master’s degree in Business, Marketing, or similar.
- 3 to 5 years previous experience as Head of Events, in CITY and MICE operations or TTOO and leisure.
- Thrive on working to achieve challenging targets.
- Language proficiency in English.
- Exceptional time management skills with the ability to manage multiple demands autonomously
- Strong planning, budget, negotiation skills and project management skills & experience
- High level communication (both verbal and written)